If you become unemployed

When you register at The Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen), your Unemployment Fund (Akademikernas a-kassa) automatically gets information about your unemployment situation. For more information about your unemployment fund and application for compensation, visit Akademikernas a-kassas webpage. After a few days you get an application form from Fysioterapeuternas Income Insurance.

The compensation from Fysioterapeuternas Income Insurance is determined when your Unemployment Fund (Akademikernas a-kassa) has decided if you are entitled to compensation from the Unemployment Insurance. You will get the decision in writing.